The Benjamin Franklin Collection consists of two letters written by Mr. Franklin and an issue of the Pennsylvania Gazette from 1769. These items were donated to Forsyth Library in 1996 by Dr. Cecil B. Currey as part of the Cecil B. and Laura G. Currey Archive of Military History. Dr. Currey received a bachelor’s degree in history and a masters degree in history and philosophy from Fort Hays Kansas State College in the 1950’s. He taught for over 30 years at the University of South Florida. During the early part of his career, Dr. Currey specialized in early American history. It was during that time he found two hand-written letters by Benjamin Franklin which were framed and hung in his home for many years. Dr. Currey also collected a number of items for his Franklin memorabilia collection which includes the November 30, 1769 front page of the Pennslyvania Gazette. Mr. Franklin was the founder and editor of this paper.